Monday, April 28, 2008

The Serenity Prayer


The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.



Although known most widely in its abbreviated form above,

the entire prayer reads as follows:

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful worldas it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next. Amen.


And here is the full Original Serenity Prayer

by Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)

God, give us grace to accept with serenity

the things that cannot be changed,

Courage to change the things which should be changed,

and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.

Living one day at a time,

Enjoying one moment at a time,

Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,

Taking, as Jesus did, This sinful world as it is,

Not as I would have it,

Trusting that You will make all things right,

If I surrender to Your will,

So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,

And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.



Reprinted from The Voice For Love



Another way to view this prayer is along with this video put together with Enya:








May this prayer bring you peace and help in letting go of attachments that no longer serve you.

Remember, too, that laughter heals.
_______________________________________________________

Copyright © 2008 AspireNow. All rights reserved. Want more? Subscribe to the A-Blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful message!

This prayer is so powerful and I have to admit that I have temporarily forgotten about it:)

I always try to keep in mind,

"Let go, Let God"

:)

Thank you for the inspiring words!

Subscribe to the A-Blog

Enter your email address:

 Subscribe in a reader

AspireNow's Amazon Store