Thursday, July 24, 2008

Weathering Life's Storms

(Guest post by Dr. Michelle Casto)

Hurricane Dolly came to Texas yesterday.

Storms can be very scary, with all that wild wind, rain, lightning, thunder, and destruction. Weather storms serve to wake us up to the reality that there is something bigger than human beings and our little list of needs, wants and desires.

Storms remind us that we really are not as in control as we think we are! (Maybe that is why they can frighten us so much).

Storms are also symbolic of life….things like divorce, bankruptcy, getting fired, having accidents, family feuds, etc., happen to each and every one of us. The good thing about storms, stress and challenges is that they come and they go.

And if we are fortunate, they come one right after another, like the dark night experience. (Hey if they are going to come anyway, may as well get as many out of the way at one time, right? That is what I told myself over the last few years, when I was challenged with literally one thing after another).

What would good fortune have to do it with it?

Well when we are living through our own version of hell….on the other side is our personal version of heaven. And those willing to walk through the fire, do get to the other side, and soon find that everything is quite amazing and delightful.

I would like to point out that it is not a dark night of the soul----that is a misnomer---it is a dark night of the ego…..because it is the ego that keeps us circling in chaos and confusion, when the soul just wants to sing and dance and party!

Ms. Big Wind Dolly gave me some extra reflection time and guess what? The sun really does come out tomorrow! In fact, it is peeking through clouds right now as I am writing this to you.

In times of the STORM: Fear Not.

There really is nothing that can harm the part of you that matters anyway.

I like what Deepak Chopra said, "One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."

You know, Einstein said something similar: one of the biggest decisions we can make is if the world is a friendly or hostile place.

My family sometimes wonder why I live in a place that is actually “due for a hurricane” and I just tell them it is where I am called to be, and more importantly, I choose to believe I am safe, secure, and protected at all times. If I can walk away from three major car accidents, I have cause to believe in something else besides little 'ole me….such angels or the Divine Spirit!

I want to send a big hug out to all of you who were sending South loving thoughts, and I am happy to report, our little island (the North side anyway) did not receive much from Hurricane Dolly except some fairly heavy wind and rains. The only thing I lost were the car magnets on my convertible!

So, watch the horizon for your next storm, and be calm, knowing that ALL IS WELL.

More information about your soul's evolution by Dr. Michelle:

Dr. Michelle
The Soul Coach, Speaker, Author, & Modern Philosopher

Soul Coaching http://www.brightlightcoach.com
Personal Transformation http://www.smartlifechanges.com
Smart Products http://www.getsmartseries.com
Enlightened Moments http://www.youtube.com/brightmichelle

Editor's Note: Yes, we were sending loving thoughts South to Michelle and to other friends in the area around the Gulf. Glad you came through it unscathed!
_______________________________________________________

Copyright © 2008 AspireNow. All rights reserved. Want more? Subscribe to the A-Blog.

No comments:

Subscribe to the A-Blog

Enter your email address:

 Subscribe in a reader

AspireNow's Amazon Store