Friday, November 2, 2007

Resources for victims of the fire

This post is for victims of the LA/San Diego Fire disaster this past month. If you, or a friend/family member, has been effected by the fires this year, please send them this helpful information:

This information was provided by the State of California website (

The following insurance companies are expected to send company personnel, agents and claims adjusters to fire-damaged areas:

Allstate: (800) 547-8676
Auto Club of S. California: (800) 672-5246
California Casualty: (800) 800-9410
Farmers (English): (800) 435-7764
Farmers (Spanish): (877) 732-5266
Fireman’s Fund: (888) 347-3428
Liberty Mutual: (800) 225-2467
MetLife Home and Auto: (800) 422-4272
NationWide: (800) 421-3535
Oregon Mutual: (800) 934-3809
Prudential: (800) 346-3778
USAA: (800) 531-8222
SAFECO: (800) 332-3226
State Farm: (800) 732-5246
Traveler’s: (800) 252-4633
21st Century: (800) 322-8200

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offers assistance including grants for home repairs, low-cost loans to help cover uninsured property losses and family counseling services. For information, call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or visit

The California Department of Insurance may also have disaster assistance available for you. For more information, call 1-800-927-HELP (4357).

For a certified copy of a marriage license, contact the California Department of Public Health, Office of Vital Records at (916) 558-1784 or the County Recorder’s Office in the county where the license was issued.

Certified divorce decrees are available from the Superior Court in the county where the divorce was filed. The State Office of Vital Records can only issue certificates of records with limited information.

Birth and death certificates are available from State Office of Vital Records, County Health Departments and County Recorder offices.

Driver’s license or identification card replacements or address changes for both can be made through the California Department of Motor Vehicles at 1-800-777-0133.

Social Security Number cards are issued by the Social Security Administration. To apply for a replacement, call 1-800-772-1213 or go by your local Social Security Office.

Pets left behind or lost: To find locations and phone numbers of animal shelters or agencies call (888) 738-7911 or go to or check with the Petfinder Foundation at

Road closure information is available through the following websites:

Los Angeles County -
Orange County -
Ventura County -
San Diego County -
San Bernardino County -

The Governor’s Office of Emergency Services may be contacted at (800) 750-2858.

The Red Cross has opened multiple shelters for wildfire evacuees. Facilities will remain open as long as needed. In addition, the agency has initiated a “Safe and Well” Website. Through you can register yourself as “safe and well” to let selected family and friends know your status. If the web is not available, registration or other information is available by calling 1-800-REDCROSS.

FEMA also operates at Family Registry and Locator System allowing searches for friends and family members displaced by the fires. For information, call 1-800-588-9822.

The non-emergency phone number for the California Highway Patrol is
1-800-TELL CHP (1-800-835-5247).

If you need help with coaching, AspireNow stands ready to assist you. If you need help re-launching a business, we recommend ARRiiVE Business Solutions.

No comments:

Subscribe to the A-Blog

Enter your email address:

 Subscribe in a reader

AspireNow's Amazon Store