Monday, July 18, 2011

A Message From The Other Side

I presided over a gathering to remember my dear friend, Shari Carr, who worked with Tony Robbins, Bob Proctor, Harv Eker, and many other greats in the self-help industry. Shari was a connecting rod who knew and loved so many people, and she passed away during the July 4th weekend this year.

While I will refrain from sharing everything I spoke at the bonfire gathering in Avila Beach (I did post this as a note on my Facebook wall), I will share words from a conversation that took place today. Another good friend, Steve Burgess, who has helped me with data forensics work and saved my data off my broken/corrupted computer on more than one occasion, spoke with me about Shari's gathering, as he is a mutual friend who also shared many experiences with Shari.

After we discussed this a bit on Facebook IM, he sent me these words:

"I just sat and looked/listened to see if I had a message from Shari to you. Here's what I got: 'It's enough that you loved me. It's enough that you cared for me. All caring is love. What else is there that matters? Nothing.' And then a blown kiss."
When I read this my eyes burst with tears. But these are not tears of sadness, but tears of joy: joy for having known and been blessed by this loving person, joy for knowing my own journey even more clearly through her passing - as if a torch of light was passed to me, reinvigorating me in my mission, and joy for the experience of loving others and the chance to GET it RIGHT.

There is something profoundly wise about this statement Shari made to me from the other side
"All caring is love. What else is there that matters? Nothing."
Do you realize what a beautiful place your true spirit IS when it is connected to source?

In the words of the poet/musician, Ben Harper, "you look like GOLD."

Like the greatest joy at a music concert, the happiness during birth of a baby, the smiles and laughter of children laughing, the thrill of diving into clear, warm, Hawaii water, the excitement of a perfectly baked piece of pie, the release of sexual satisfaction, the deep smile in the eyes of a loved one, the rays of sunshine coming through the clouds, the gently blowing breeze, the soft nuzzle from a puppy's nose, the playful rub from a kitten's tail, and so many other beautiful things we experience... imagine these in pure spirit form. In this form, you realize, it is ALL LOVE.

I believe Shari is right. All caring is love. What else is there that matters?

___________________________________________

Picture (above) is Shari with Anthony Robbins at a Tony Robbins event, possibly Copyright Shari Carr and Anthony Robbins (this was on her Facebook wall, and used with previous permission). Copyright © 1999-2011 AspireNow. All rights reserved. Want more? Subscribe to the A-Blog. Like it? Share on del.icio.us or Stumble Upon!

No comments:

Subscribe to the A-Blog

Enter your email address:

 Subscribe in a reader

AspireNow's Amazon Store