Monday, December 1, 2008

Adventures and Your Dreams

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do... sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sales. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

Life an adventure. Or, at least, your life CAN be an adventure.

What dreams are you living? What dreams have you allowed to die?

If you're not living your life fully -- with all gusto -- my question to you, today, is WHY NOT? What are you waiting for?

My father used to travel quite a bit. But last year, he started using oxygen at night. Now, it is harder for him to travel. He skipped Mom's trip to Greece last year. He'll probably skip doing anything exotic, like going to the Galapagos Islands. And, most certainly, he's not going hiking in Antarctica now!

See, if you wait to live your dreams, they'll just slip away. Not only will you not be living them, but then you'll hear of someone else who did and you'll realize "Oh, I'd always thought I'd do that!"

My life is an adventure!

I'm currently going for it full-on with music. I play with a couple of different bands, and pretty much ANY and EVERY time I'm invited to play, whether for pay or not, I go! Why? Because I love playing music, first of all, but second because playing music in front of thousands of people is a dream I will not let die. It is a dream I will explore. Each time I play, with different musicians or my regular band(s) with whom I play, I discover new sounds, new grooves, and enjoy the moment.

Last year, for the first time since I was a child, I created a painting. My friend painted over it, much to my chagrin; however, it was the experience of going for it. This year, I aim to start painting more seriously. This last year, I also embarked on a dream to start Salsa dancing. It is so much fun. I'm still not Intermediate level, but definitely no longer a beginner!

Are you expressing yourself artfully?

In business, I've launched a couple of companies, including AspireNow. They're growing. It's exciting to be part of a business launch. Right now, I'm helping a company called Elements launch their sales. I love it! Are you living your business dreams? If not, what can you envision that would be the best fit for your skills? Go do that! Make sure to negotiate the money you need to not only survive but thrive and you'll be even happier. It helps to have money in the bank, you know. Not only that, but money in the bank can help pay for the next adventure.

What are you doing with your career to live your dream?

If your job is just a job, consider taking a new approach. How can a job be a dream-come-true? Is this in the cards for you? Perhaps you need to stack your own deck so the dream of living your dream job is TRUE for YOU!

Where will you go next?

I have many adventures and places I still wish to travel: Brazil, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Colombia, France, England, Austria, Italy (especially Italy), and more. The list seems to grow! This year, I'm going to go to one of these, at least. I'm thinking Cuba may be the place...

Where will you go this year? Write me a note and share your own journey!

Want an easier way to manifest your dreams? Use Dream Board (Vision Board) software by Orange Peel:

Start Creating Your Vision Board Today!
_______________________________________________________

Copyright © 2008 AspireNow. All rights reserved. Want more? Subscribe to the A-Blog.

Like it? Share on del.icio.us or Stumble Upon!

No comments:

Subscribe to the A-Blog

Enter your email address:

 Subscribe in a reader

AspireNow's Amazon Store